Defending The Rights Of Fathers During Family Law Cases
The details of your divorce should never be left up to one party. Doing so could inhibit your rights related to time spent with your children. In addition, it is critical to get an agreement in writing. A verbal custody or child visitation agreement will not be enforceable in court. When you work with an experienced attorney, you can create a fair, sensible arrangement that works for you, your children and the other parent. Over my career, I have helped many non-custodial parents reclaim their rights and move forward on favorable terms.
All too often, fathers in a divorce or custody battle are portrayed wrongly as deadbeat dads. The fact is, if you are looking for a lawyer, you are not a deadbeat dad. In fact, you are just the opposite, as you are doing everything you can to make sure that you play an active role in your children’s lives. You are an important part of your child’s life. Even if you are divorcing, or have already divorced, your child needs you. I know this and will fight for you.
Providing Tough, Strategic Representation In Divorce And Custody
At the Story Law Firm, P.C., I represent parents in all types of family matters, including:
- Divorce: Whether your divorce is resolved through litigation, mediation or negotiation, I will help you work out property division, custody, support and other important issues.
- Paternity: I will help you establish paternity rights and fight for custody and visitation orders that are in the best interests of the children.
- Child custody and visitation: Under California law, both mothers and fathers are presumed to be fit parents. Further, judges in California are required to make decisions that are in the best interests of the children.
- Child support: If you are required to pay child support or in need of support, I will help you understand your rights and obligations under the law.
- Post-judgment modifications: If you entered into a child custody agreement that severely limits your right to be with your children, talk to my law firm immediately. I may be able to persuade the court to modify the terms of your agreement.
I recognize that every divorce or custody situation can be gut-wrenching and confusing. Using the experience I have gained over many years of practice, I will help you create workable solutions in your divorce or custody issue.